Thursday, March 29, 2007

OF COURSE THEY TAKE AFTER ME!

Judging from the title you can probably guess I am talking about our kids and their report cards. LOL. Today was report card conferences at school. Seeing that we work there we conference with the teachers all the time, but today we got their report cards. Everything was as I expected. They are certifiable geniuses. Naomi had almost straight A's. Gym was her lowest mark (1% below an A), I think this may have been due to the headaches she has been struggling with this year. Math - 93%, L.A. - 93%, Writing - 95%, Science - 92%, Socials - 91%, computers - 95%,Kaska - 94%, and P.E. - 85%. All her percentages were up so nothing to complain about there. I know it is obvious from this report that she is just like her Mom. Hannah also did well. She doesn't really care about school, but she still managed to get all A's and B's. I am really proud of her, all her marks have shown improvement. Josh also brought home a wonderful report. He has a real mix of A's and B's too. All his academic subjects are A's (except writing) and things like Art and planning he has B's. So, they are all doing very well at school. Tomorrow both Naomi and Hannah have math tests. So, we will see if they make the 80% mark or end up spending more quality time with us every evening.

Here's a little story just to prove that they take after me. The other day Brian wanted some Tums. I had just given the last one from the bathroom cupboard to Josh though. But I was sure we had some more. Brian wasn't so sure. "I am sure there are no more," he said convincingly. The next day we were at the store and he said "be sure to buy some more Tums." I dutifully did this and we brought them home. Later that day he went to get changed and guess what he found in his cupboard in the exact spot he keeps his watch - a full bottle of tums. Ha! Ha! We had a good laugh. But the best was yet to come. The next day Josh was looking for something in the box I keep all the medicine in. Guess what he found? Another bottle full of Tums. Maybe we should just open a drug store or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smart kids
good marks guys
good luck on the math tests

Tums are in our household too, you should check my purse out,I have alot of stuff in there too