Recently we have had a little excitement around our house. A new pet tried to adopt us, but we had to be cruel and do away with him.
Here is the real meanie with his "trophy".
A close up of our "pet".
Actually, I was the one who bought the traps and said we must do something. There is a funny story with this. I have been hearing "noises" at night for about a month now. But no one else heard them, so I thought that maybe I was just hearing things. Then about a week ago Brian heard it. On Thursday morning (I want to say Wednesday night because it was 4:00 in the morning) I heard this scampering sound. I got up, totally fearful that a huge rat would run over my feet, and whipped open the closet door, but the sound stopped and I couldn't see anything. So, I went back to bed. About 45 minutes later I heard it again. I got up and went to the closet, but didn't open the door. Then I was yelling "Brian, there's something in the closet and it's freaking me out." He jumped out of bed, grabbed the flashlight and whipped open the closet door. Nothing! So, he started looking around for evidence and found mouse poop. Ewww! I don't mind saying it sounded like a massive 20 pound rat in the middle of the night. Anyways, the problem seems to be dealt with, now I can sleep in peace. Today is the day of doing a massive clean-up in my room.
Now for some other news. We have been getting out of school early all week because the native language teachers were at a seminar. So, to make sure the teachers all got their prep time, the students were sent home at 2:40 every day. This past week I came home and when I walked in the door thought "what is that funny smell?" I didn't have to wonder long. When I walked in the kitchen I found 4 girls in the middle of colouring their hair.
Hannah went with a real red colour - it picked up great in her streaks. Here she is after they played with their new curlers.
Naomi had a beautiful auburn colour before and decided to dye it dark brown. She said she will probably dye it back in a few weeks. Her friends attacked her and put the curlers in her hair. I must tell you - I have tried curling her hair many, many times before and let's just say she is destined to have straight hair, it just doesn't hold a curl.

5 comments:
crazy kids
my kids are asking to colour there hair well I will have to let them experience it but not sure what to do
you are welcome for the mice,I told them to go there, it is a welcoming present & the best part you get to keep them there
lol
We've been lucky so far this year and have had no mice. Knock on wood. Actually, there's this huge, bushy, scary cat that's been hanging around and I think he's keeping the mouse population down.
Your girls look like they're having fun with their hair. Cam's hair won't hold a curl for nothing either.
that big bushy white cat always comes in the back & sits
by the tree & looks at our back
door, he is good to have around, no mice here either good cat,I named him
The girls look like they are having fun. I hope that mouse is the only one. They usually have friends.
We haven't heard or seen anymore, but are leaving a trap set up just in case the family comes to find him.
Post a Comment