Sunday, March 4, 2007

LIVING HEALTHY

Tomorrow I start on another fitness incentive. The Yukon Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a program called "On the Right Path". It is one of those programs where you walk a certain number of kilometers that represent a chosen trail. Our group will be walking the Silver Trail - a distance of 204 kilometers. We were fitted with pedometers so all the steps I take will be counted. I am excited about joining - I need all the incentive I can get. Actually I was adding up the number of miles I have walked since I started keeping track in mid-January. I have walked/ran/skied a total of 97 miles - that 156 kilometers! I am feeling pretty proud of myself today. I have lost a total of 13 pounds so far and 10 inches. (I've hit a plateau, so I have to keep telling myself that I am doing o.k. and it's working.) What I am really looking forward to is buying myself some new clothes. I have a pretty boring wardrobe right now. Actually I have one t-shirt in 5 different colours, I vary them at work. But I think all my co-workers will be equally glad to see me get some new clothes. I am sure they are also getting tired of looking at the same clothes day after day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you

Remember I like your clothes
& anything that is pink
safe some clothes for me