Saturday, March 17, 2007

MY BABY'S GROWING UP

One of the sure signs of growing up is choosing a grown-up hair style all by yourself. Hannah has gone from this, scraggly one long layer cut:




to this cute layered bob:


This look really suits her. The blond streaks left over from her purple streak phase really show up. She just looks so grown up.

That is one of the results of our trip to Whitehorse. Naomi and I also got our hair done, but no drastic results to share. While we were in town Brian and I went out on a date. We went to a great restaurant for supper, Giorgio's. Even the name sounds so classy. I had even brought a nice skirt to wear, but it was just too cold for that much class. Then we went to a movie. It is a very rare occasion that I get to see a film on opening night. But it actually happened. We went to see Premonition. I have been dying to see this movie since I first saw it advertised months ago. I enjoyed it, but I think they could have done a much better job of it. Sandra Bullock was great. But the storyline left a lot to be desired. It was a great idea, but could have been developed better. (That sounds so much like Brian it's scary.) Brian wanted to know why there were so many nipple shots of her. Trust him to notice that! Anyways, I liked it but once was enough. I guess after all the hype and promotion it just didn't quite measure up.

Hannah went to the orthodontist and is happy to have a purple chain on her teeth. I think it just breaks the monotony of the braces. She just has a few more months left.

Naomi went to the chiropractor, who was happy with the progress she is making. She gave her some exercises to do until she sees her again. Hopefully the headaches will start to diminish soon.

Josh just hung out and shopped with us. He bought himself a new xbox game with his birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa.

So, another successful trip down. Oh yeah, we saw 2 moose on the way home. I think it was a mother with a yearling. The smaller one stayed at the side and we didn't get a good view, but the other one was huge. I drove by really slowly and she stopped just in the ditch so we got a great look. Hannah said we should have shot it. Too bad it wasn't hunting season. Speaking of which, the Native Studies class went hunting last week and brought back a caribou. All the classes helped to cut it up on Thursday. Anyways, we will basically be staying her now until the end of April which will be good for the diet. Oh, I almost forgot - I managed to get up the courage to go clothes shopping for myself. I was actually pretty scared to go - I hate trying on clothes. But I was so excited to discover that I have gone down 4 sizes. WooHoo!!! Watch out California, here I come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! You've gone down 4 sizes?? Lucky! I'm gettin' scared now...I better get back on the diet wagon STAT!

Hannah's hair looks absolutely incredible. It's like she's aged by a few years in just one weekend.

I have to admit that while I was reading about the moose sighting I thought the same thing as Hannah...let's shoot it! Man, I am really turning into a redneck hunting maniac. lol

Anonymous said...

K, I just showed Hannah's picture to the girls and Cam says that Hannah looks like a movie star. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

like the hair cut onher,I want that hair cut. Iam jealous now about the weight lose
better lose weight

Anonymous said...

Where is a picture of yours, naomi's hair cut too the new skirt that you bought

Heather said...

Great haircut Hannah! And Congrats on the weight loss Ann! I saw Premonition this weekend too. My mom didn't think it was that great either, but I liked it. I think I just needed to be entertained with something mindless! ;)