Sunday, April 15, 2007

THIS AND THAT

It's official! Hannah was voting best looking. Actually it was her bridge at the Yukon Bridge Building Competition. Naomi went with some other kids from school to the competition in Whitehorse. They left Friday morning and returned last night. What happens is all the students from grades 4 & up build bridges made from wooden coffee sticks, glue and dental floss. They have certain dimensions to stay within, but other than that they can design their bridge however they want. Then they take the bridges to Whitehorse where they weigh them and see how much weight they can hold before they break. So, yes, all the bridges are broken at the competition. Brian is already starting to plan one to make with Josh next year. They will enter it in the open category. It is quite a large competition and some people take it very seriously. I think there are monetary prizes as well we other stuff.

Brian spent this afternoon on an ambulance call. They were thinking that it might involve a trip to drive a patient in to Whitehorse, but thankfully they were able to get the medivac plane to come. The last thing anyone wants is to drive to Whitehorse and back in one day.

I have been working dutifully at my math course. It is actually pre-calculus. Sounds impressive, doesn't it? Actually I spend a lot of time just staring at it, trying to make sense of everything. I am working very hard to get it done before summer holidays. When I complete this course I will have my first year of university done. Yay! The race to the teaching certificate is on. Hope I win!

Anyways, that is about all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam tired reading this great stuff
you will come first
I have alot of faith in ya
good luck

Anonymous said...

Why is it that I can totally picture you sitting there staring at the math, all confused? ;)

Congrats to Hannah. I'm sure her bridge was every bit as good looking as she is. :)