Wednesday, April 18, 2007

JOSH

A couple months ago Josh had strep throat, so I took him to the health centre to get some antibiotics. While we were there the nurse was asking about his penicillin allergy. So, I explained that when he was 2 weeks old I was on penicillin while I was nursing him. We both got a rash from it. She suggested that we do a tolerance test with him to see if he was really allergic to it. This is because the antibiotic that he has been taking is quite hard on the body, she wanted something that would be better. So, we met with the doctor and he okayed the test and told them how to do it. We needed to do it on a week when we could go to the health centre everyday Monday to Friday. This was the week. So, Monday morning before school we headed over to the health centre. The nurse gave him 1 tsp of penicillin and then we had to wait for about half an hour. She kept checking on him and about 20 minutes in he started getting a tingling in his throat, so she gave him some benadryl. We ended up staying almost an hour, then we left for school. The poor guy was totally wiped out after that. It took him the whole day to recover from it. So, too late to make a long story short, but penicillin in definitely out. Anyways, he is doing fine now. He has started coming to the gym with me lately. It is such a great time together. He wants to make sure that he is good and strong for the Bowron Lakes trip next year. No worries there, he is going to be big like his Grandad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Josh is ok. Cam and I are both allergic to Sulfa.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Josh is doing better
I wish we had a free gym here
my friend quit going cuz to much $$$
can you bring your gym here for me