Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A QUICK UPDATE

Just thought I would post a quick update on our lives. We are now on the big count down to summer holidays. As of Friday we will have 9 weeks left. WooHoo! Brian and I have actually spent some time now with maps and ideas and began mapping out our summer vacation. We need to make some reservations, so are hoping to do that next week or the week after.

Easter was fun here. I hadn't planned to do an Easter egg hunt with the kids, but Brian figured they would enjoy it. So, on Sunday morning I unpackaged some of their mini eggs and started hiding them around the house. The kids had so much fun - they were just like little kids again looking everywhere for their eggs. Hannah was the champion! We cooked a turkey dinner on Sunday. And it really was "we". Everyone did something to help out and it was delicious.

It seems that spring has really arrived here. That isn't to say that we won't have anymore snow or cold weather, but I'll take what I can get. We have been above zero since Friday and the snow has been melting fast. The worst part is the water everywhere. Hopefully we will be thru this muddy, wet season in a couple weeks. In the meantime we just try to contain all the mud in the back porch. Hannah and Jedine (her best friend) have really been enjoying the water. They keep donning our rubber boots and wading through the deepest puddles they can find. In fact the water is usually well over the boots and they come home soaked.

So, that is about it here. Hope you are all enjoying your spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah spring

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you're already planning things out for the summer trip. It's so frustrating for us, being in limbo and all.

I feel your pain about the thaw and all the water that comes with it. We discovered that our house shifted when we had that massive run-off a couple of months ago. Not good!