Tuesday, April 3, 2007

MAKING DECISIONS

So, here goes. After much deliberation (years) I have decided to go ahead and continue working on my BA degree. I have just poked along at it so far, and completed almost 1 year (1 more course to go). So, now I will make the plunge and continue the marathon to finish 4 years. After that I will get my teaching certificate. The plan is that next year Brian will apply to take the deferred salary plan - save some of his paychecks so that he can take a year off with pay. We are thinking of doing 3 years at 75% and taking the 4th year off. This 4th year would come after Josh graduates, so it is really ideal timing. The reason he needs this is that I have to leave the Yukon for a year in order to get the certificate and I don't plan on being away from Brian for a whole year. So, today I jumped right in. With much fear and trepidation I ordered a basic math course (pre-calculus). I need one and looked for the easiest one I could find. Good thing Brian is a math-whiz! I will need all the help I can get with this one. This is going to be a very busy few years for me, but I am determined to do it. Part of the reason for doing this is that I just really want to be a teacher - go figure! That is something I never would have guessed would be in my future. I will basically be doing what I am doing now, only I will get a permanent position instead of continuing on a temporary basis, and I will get paid twice the salary. I know that the principal here will hire me for the next available job once I have the piece of paper because he already told me so. It really doesn't get any better than that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking ahead
good for you

Darlene said...

WOW It sounds much to busy for my old mind !!!!!!!!!!!!! What a big undertaking but I know you can do it , remember I have seen you in action and what you can do when you put your mind to something ,. You were one of my biggest helper in Kitimat

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Ironically, Gary and I were just talking about your schooling the other day and couldn't remember if you were still working on it or not. You can't go wrong adding to your education and I think you'd make a great teacher. :) Where would you have to move to get the certificate?

Ann said...

We would probably go to SFU.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! You'd be within driving distance!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I have also been thinking of furthering my education in the next few years. Good luck!