Well, December and all the parties, etc that go along with it has officially arrived. We went to our first (and probably only) Christmas party of the season on November 30. We were invited to a dinner for the ambulance volunteers. It was nothing fancy (obviously, since it is Ross River), but we had a really nice time. We sat at the "non-smoking" table. As Brian says it is a bit like having peeing and no-peeing sections in a swimming pool. At least we were not having cigarette smoke blown directly into our faces. We had a great time, visiting with the nursing staff. The kids didn't have as much fun. This is probably due to the fact that the other kids there were all between the ages of 7 and 9. They basically just ate and then left. The food was o.k. - for those of you fortunate enough to have eaten at the TND, or even to have looked at the place, you will understand what I mean. Definitely not 5 star quality. Oh well, it was nice to get out of the house and socialize with someone other than teachers and students.
We are still having an ongoing battle with the weather - just when we think it is going to warm up, things turn and we get another cold snap around -40. I just keep telling myself that it can't last forever. Down to about -30 is o.k., any colder than that and I don't venture farther than I have to.

No comments:
Post a Comment