Friday, December 22, 2006

WAITING FOR THE BIG DAY

Brian and I were just watching the news and they had a story about last minute Christmas shopping. Apparently Canadians spent an estimated $2 billion today alone. Is that insanity or what??? It is one of those times that I really enjoy living apart from the busy, city life. I definitely don't miss the crowds just before a big holiday. We went to Whitehorse near the beginning of December and all our Christmas shopping had to be done then. It doesn't leave much room for forgetfulness. You just have to be organized. What I do miss is being with family during the holiday season. It would be nice just to get together for some family time. It would also be nice to have family be able to attend the kids Christmas concerts, etc. But, I guess that is the price we pay for living in the Great White North! Once Christmas day comes I am fine - it's just the lead up to Christmas that I find hard.
This year is interesting in a new way. It seems that we are really being accepted into the community. We have been invited to 2 boxing day get togethers. One is being held by the head nurse here, Lynn. We get along very well with her. The other is being held by Brian - the store owner/hair dresser/lay coroner/head of recreation department/masseur/etc. He is actually a really great guy. His wife and sons will be in town for the holidays. He talks about his sons all the time so it will be nice to finally meet them. So, that is our boxing day plans. Should be lots of fun.
2 comments

No comments: