Wednesday, December 27, 2006

ANOTHER BUSY DAY


I guess we have officially finished lazing around for the holidays. Today was very busy. Brian decided to install our dishwasher today. He had to remove the original cabinets, then we prepared the dishwasher. It wasn't too hard to convert if from portable to an installed unit. However, the installation kit that we bought from the appliance store did not come with an adaptor for the water hose. Since we live in such an isolated place, this means that I will have to order one over the phone and wait for snail mail to deliver it to us. This shouldn't take more than a week or two. Then I thought since we are working in the area we might as well install the new kitchen faucet. As always nothing goes as simple as one would hope, but we have it installed and I love it. I have always wanted one with the spout that pulls out. Hopefully it will intrigue the kids enough that they won't complain about doing dishes for the next couple weeks.
On another note - the kids love their new ski-doo. We, the experts (lol), have given them all driving lessons and are satisfied that they know and will follow the safety rules we have laid out for them. Naomi and Josh are both naturally cautious. Hannah, on the other hand, is slightly kamikaze and needed an extra lesson or two. She drove Brian around today and was a wonderful driver. I still suffer from some parental anxiety when they head out on the ski-doo, but hopefully that will pass.
After all the excitement on Christmas day, Oscar has spent the time since recovering. He doesn't move far from his bed - usually only as far as the couch!
5 comments

No comments: