Sunday, December 31, 2006

WAITING FOR THE BALL TO DROP

O.K. Here is my latest confession: I really hate New Year's Eve. I think it stems from the fact that on most nights I am dropping asleep by 9:30 and on this particular night I am not allowed to even think about sleeping until at least 12:01. At 8:30 in the evening I am seriously starting to contemplate ringing in the new year with my fellow Canadians in Ontario. I work my way across the country hoping that the family will give in to me and just let me go to bed, but to no avail. So, now here we are at close to 11:30 and I am still awake, just counting down the minutes.I remember when we were kids Dad would go outside and wait for the New Year, then he would come in with a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread. I believe they were to symbolize prosperity or something. Anyways, once Dad was successfully back in the house the real celebration would begin. I don't remember what time we went to bed back then, but I was probably more excited about it than I am now.So, that sums up my yearly New Year's Eve adventures. Tomorrow we will be cooking a Greek dinner which everyone is looking forward to. I started preparing today by making baklava. Of course we had to sample it and it is very yummy. So, Happy New Year!
2 comments

No comments: