Wednesday, November 29, 2006

YOU KNOW IT'S COLD WHEN...

You think it is warm when it warms up to -25. Seriously everybody keeps talking about how warm it is outside. It honestly does feel warm after such a cold snap.
DECEMBER?????
Can you believe that it is almost December. Time to start decorating. Every day I plan to begin after school, but I always get so busy with other things that before I know it, it is 9:00 pm and I am too tired to decorate. Maybe on the weekend we will get some done.
REPORT CARDS:
Well, tomorrow is report card day. However, since we are in cahoots with the kids' teacher he gave us their report cards today. As usual, I am very proud of my kids. They obviously take after me with their academic achievements! LOL! Naomi earned straight A's and Hannah and Josh both had a mix of A's and B's. Sometimes as a parent you want your kids to be getting fantastic grades on everything (especially when you are working in the school). Every time report card time roles around I have to remind myself that when I was in high school I would have been exstatic if I received a C in math. I guess sometimes the pressure to succeed is too great. Don't get me wrong, our kids are all bringing home excellent report cards. I just have to remind myself that their school education is only a small part of what is important. I am more interested in having them do their best and being confident and happy. So, I suppose we have succeeded in accomplishing those goals. Our children have learned some great skills since we moved here. Naomi has a beautiful pair of mukluks that she made and Hannah made me a wonderful pair of mitts last year and is making herself some this year. Josh is almost finished making a pair of moccasins. Anyways, now I am just babbling on. I guess what I wanted to say was that I am extremely proud of my genius children.

No comments: