Thursday, December 21, 2006

'TIS THE SEASON

Here is the craziest thing about living in the far north - the weather. Brian and I have been planning on putting up our outside Christmas lights for over a month. However, it is almost dark when we get home from work so we had to do it on a weekend. But every weekend has been too cold - it's cold enough to have your hands in a foot of snow, without contending with -25 temperatures. Yesterday was the start of our Christmas vacation. We worked until noon, then we were free. We took the opportunity in the afternoon to put up the lights. Can you believe it was +2 outside??? Needless to say, Brian still felt cold when all the snow fell off the ladder down his back and when he was having to dig his hands into the snow. There was no way I was climbing the ladder to put them up - I hate ladders! So, I put all the hooks on and Brian attached them. They look great!


I guess this is also the season to be thinking about New Year's resolutions. Ha! Ha! Ha! Mine is the same as it is every year, it's really a no-brainer. I resolve to lose weight! Of course it's a good thing that the resolution doesn't kick in until after Christmas with all its baking and chocolates. Actually it's interesting this year, I don't even want those things. I have some baking in the freezer now, but it's not tempting at all. I even have chocolates, which the kids enjoy, and I do too, just not as much. Maybe I'm just getting old! Well, that much is true anyways.
5 comments

No comments: