Sunday, February 19, 2006

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG????


Here's the thing - you raise your kids the best you can and think that your kids will be everything you could hope for. So, here is the ordeal...Hannah and Josh both worked at the hockey tournament this weekend. They earned $9/hour (not bad for being 12 and 13). Anyways, when they came home with their cash (about $130 each) they didn't want to split it with me. I thought I deserved at least a 50/50 split considering what a great mom I am. But no, they wanted to keep it all for themselves. "For summer vacation," they said. Seriously though, I am really proud of them. Karen, the rec director, was raving on about my kids. Hannah worked in the concession stand and Josh did some cleaning and worked the time clock for the games. They had a great weekend, although they are quite tired today. The problem is that after all the praise from Karen about my kids, who obviously take after me, I will need the money the kids earned to buy myself a new hat to fit over my big, fat head.

No comments: