Tonight we are having pizza for dinner. It is a total family affair, everyone is pitching in to help. I love it when we all work together for stuff like this. Sometimes I get very frustrated when I'm stuck in the kitchen making yet another dinner that will be devoured in 3 minutes flat, while everyone else is lounging around watching t.v., playing on the computer or reading. I think it makes everyone appreciate the meal a lot more. Just for interest sake, I thought I would give you my recipe - it is excellent!
Here goes:
1 cup beer
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp yeast
Warm beer until it is warmer than lukewarm, not hot. Add yeast and sugar. Mix. Let stand 10 minutes.
2 cups beer
3 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp salt
7-8 cups flour
Warm beer as before. Add oil, sugar and salt. Stir to dissolve. Add yeast mixture. Stir. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing, then kneading until smooth and elastic. Let rise, covered, for about 1 hour. Bake at 400.
Next time you make pizza try this, it's worth the effort. Let me know if you do.

No comments:
Post a Comment