Friday, February 24, 2006

MY LIFE IN THE YUKON...



I absolutely love living in the Yukon, although some think I'm crazy (no names mentioned, Sonya). Today is Heritage Day. Basically they just invented this holiday to give everyone an extra day off in the middle of a long winter. It worked out well this year because we were able to stay home and watch the men's gold medal curling game. I don't usually like to watch curling, but this was a great game. It is also a good day to stay indoors since it was -38 when I got up this morning. Normally on a long weekend like this Brian and I would be going out skiing, etc. But he came home from Whitehorse on Wednesday and was sick. So, he is just taking it easy for a few days. I, on the other hand, am exercising vicariously through the olympic athletes I keep watching. No sense having too many people using up the oxygen on this great planet at once. I figure with all these sports going on in Italy right now, I don't want to risk an oxygen shortage. So, in order to keep Ross River safe, I am letting others do the work for a day or two.

We only have one more week before Spring Break. I am really looking forward to the break. And after that we only have 13 weeks left before summer vacation starts - unlike you that live in BC and are in school until the end of June. LOL. That alone is reason enough to love the north!

No comments: