Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

How is it that my dreams aren't coming true. We have a lot of darkness up here right now and many chances to see stars. However, all my wishes are not coming true. We have no winter vacations planned. I guess I will just have to be satisfied with relatively short working days, weekends off and a paycheck every 2 weeks. At the present time we have hit another cold snap (-42) while Brian's parents are relaxing down in Mexico, Gary & Sonya are planning a trip to Mexico, Darlene & Garry are planning a trip to Mexico, a couple of co-workers are planning a vacation at spring break, and I just heard from Sharon and Pat that they went on a 2 week Caribbean cruise. Now, I ask you where is the justice in all this????? Actually I am not too jealous, just the thought of relaxing on a beach in winter is very tempting. Only 4 1/2 more years and all our kids will have graduated, then we will have the freedom to take vacations at spring break. That gives me 4 1/2 years to get this body into shape. In the meantime I will have to content myself with fabulous summer vacations - even if we don't go anywhere special we still get 12 weeks off work. Who could ask for anything more?
6 comments

No comments: