Thursday, January 25, 2007

LEARNING AS I GO

Lately we have come across a problem with our kids. Naomi seems to be exempt from this dilemma. However, the other 2 are usually in a huge hurry when it comes to writing tests. Especially math! So, Brian and I came up with a great plan. We figure that if they are fully prepared for a test they should earn a minimum of 80%. The plan was that if they came home with less than that they would be spending some quality with us every evening - to the tune of 1 hour studying the offending subject. We also thought it would be enough motivation to get them to slow down and reread their tests. Well, guess what? We have been spending quality time with Hannah. But the best news of all is that I was actually able to help her today. She is working on polynomials. At first glance I was just going to pass it off to Brian, but upon closer inspection I realized that it was something I could do. I guess I know more than I thought.So, now the girls and I are off to Whitehorse. Hannah is going to the orthodontist and Naomi is going to see the chiropractor. Plus, we must shop - our shelves and freezers are just about empty. So, I will be out of commission for a couple days. Have a great weekend.
2 comments

No comments: