O.K., so maybe not a few of my favourite things - just one! I absolutely love the auditions for American Idol. Naomi and I sit on the couch and howl with laughter. We had a few favourites so far. These include the woman that kept adding a lion roar into the song, the urban-amish man,
and the woman with blond hair who brought her Mom and sang "Don't Cha" by Pussy Cat Dolls. Now, don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like her? (Try singing that in a monotone!)
Do these people honestly think they can sing????? Brian thinks they just want their two minutes of fame. O.K. I admit that I can sing, but by no means do I even begin to think I am the next American (or Canadian) Idol.
The best part is the look on the judges faces. Half the time Paula is turned around in her chair trying very hard not to laugh. Here are a few pictures to bring back the memories - I was laughing (again) as I looked through the photos. You can check them all out yourself at American Idol.
This is the "Man of many talents". Apparently these include stick twirling and dancing, although one is left hoping he didn't spend too much on lessons because they weren't too helpful.
One of the best is this Taylor Hicks look alike. He is a hair dresser who couldn't sing a note, but he was priceless when after his performance he brought a jar of pomade out of his pocket and headed towards Simon. I guess he figured Simon needed some help with his 'do. Needless to say, the body guards were on him like butter on toast! No one was going to mess with Simon's hair!
This is one of my favourites - she is seriously good! I think she is only 16. I can't wait to see how she fares in the competition.
4 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment