On my last blog entry Sonya asked what I need to do to lower my cholesterol. This question led me to do some much needed research. After a very quick look here is what I have discovered:- I have to be careful which foods I eat because I don't want to lower my good cholesterol. - Extra virgin olive oil is a great choice. (At least I already have that one under control)- Lots of garlic is also great.- A tablespoon of organic flax seed oil every day provides Omega 3 fatty acids.- Reduce intake of refined and processed foods (Yay! Another one that shouldn't be too much of a change for me.)- These tidbits of food advice should also help:
Soluable fiber which is in oatmeal and other whole grain type cereals is good.Don’t get too fancy, just eat right: grains, vegs, fruits, etc.
Avoid cheese, fatty meats, dairy high in fat, etc.Also, niacin (non-flush), cinnamon, red wine/concord grape juice and olive oil are believed to help.
(http://www.43things.com/entries/view/496859)
Here is my question - can the cinnamon be that found in things like french toast??? LOL! Just joking - I cut those things out of my diet a while back. Seriously I have a lot more to learn about cholesterol reduction. I guess it will all come in time. I will be speaking to the nurse again on Monday and hopefully learn more.
4 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment