As the holidays approach I am always on the lookout for exciting new recipes to try. It is the one time of year when I bake. I didn't realize how deprived my family was feeling until I saw them delve into the baked goods. One of the recipes I have discovered is the following, melt in your mouth goodness.

Cream Cheese Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 1/2 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp lemon zest
Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix well. Add milk and lemon zest. Mix. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix well.
Drop by spoonfuls, or roll into balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 12-15 minutes.
I usually place a chocolate chip in the centre (white chocolate for Brian). Half a glace cherry would be good too.
Enjoy!

Cream Cheese Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 1/2 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp lemon zest
Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix well. Add milk and lemon zest. Mix. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix well.
Drop by spoonfuls, or roll into balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 12-15 minutes.
I usually place a chocolate chip in the centre (white chocolate for Brian). Half a glace cherry would be good too.
Enjoy!
I also discovered this picture on my camera - the beginnings of my very delicious fruit cake, made with real fruit, not just candied, dyed rutabaga. 


1 comment:
Those cookies look delish! I may have to try them at some point.
Post a Comment