Tuesday, December 25, 2007

AHHH!!!

So, the orgy of greed is over for another year. All that's left is to stuff our selves silly. As usual, I look forward to surprising the kids with things they really want, but never think we will get them. This year Josh got an xbox 360. He was not expecting it at all, but was very excited. It is something he has been saving up for. (Brian looks just as excited as Josh!)
We bought the girls each a t.v. and DVD player. Again, something greatly desired. They will be very handy when they are living in Whitehorse. Sometimes they just like to lie in their beds watching a movie. Actually when they are sick they have to stay in their room, so a t.v. can be a real sanity saver. We also got them ipod docking stations. All in all, they were all very spoiled.
I bought Brian a very cool Greek mythology chess set, a fishing rod rack and a storm proof lighter among other things. I think I was the most spoiled of all. Brian bought me a cappuccino maker and my favorite gift of all - a set of golf clubs. Not just any golf clubs either, but the set I really wanted. Now I can't wait to get out golfing - maybe I will have to settle for some snow golf to tide me over the next few months. (Start warming up Sonya, the game is on!)Of course, no Christmas story is complete without mention of Oscar. On Christmas Eve we decided to let the kids open one gift. However, we didn't want Oscar to get into present opening mode yet. So, we put him outside and opened the gifts, then cleaned up all the evidence before letting him back in the house. When he came in I was playing with some bubble wrap - this was very intriguing for him. He knew we had done something, but couldn't figure out what was up. He was very alert and waiting for something to happen, but we managed to keep out secret until Christmas morning. Then of course he went nuts for his stocking.



Brian's parents and brother's family sent money for the kids. So, I combined the money and bought them these fancy name-brand sweaters. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa.

I think the Mom-of-the-year award is still up for grabs, I should be getting it this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys made out like bandits!! Oh, and can I be your kid?? lol

Did Oscar like the ornament we sent him? :)

Ann said...

He was so excited to get another present to open. He got it about 1/2 way open then gave up. I really like it though. It is so cute.
Thanks for the gifts. I can't wait to get to Warehouse One to shop.