Sunday, February 18, 2007

SOME OF EVERYTHING

Let's see, we have had a fairly busy few days. I returned to my regular job on Friday. I was really tired and had to drag myself there, but I did it. At about 10:00 one of Josh's friends got a call from his Mom saying that his swab had come back positive for strep throat. This immediately got me thinking that I should check Josh's throat since they had been hanging out together and he has been feeling very under the weather lately. So, I pulled him out of math class, grabbed a flashlight and had a look at the tonsils. As I suspected he had white spots on his tonsils - a sure sign of strep throat. So, at about 10:15 Josh and I headed over to the health centre. An hour later Josh headed home armed with antibiotics, and I went back to work. I ended up working about 2/3 of my normal day. Good thing too since I was so tired.
Brian spent the whole day Saturday taking a CPR course. He paid for it later in the evening with an extremely sore shoulder. I guess he was being used as the "patient" at one point and they were rolling him in to the recovery position. It didn't really matter which side they tried to roll him onto, his shoulder was screaming for them to stop - which they did, but unfortunately, the damage was done. While he was there Josh and I went for a ski-doo ride. We came home and when I went to start the ski-doo again the ignition (which had worked loose) fell into the covered area by the handle. After searching through the toolbox for the right screw driver and not finding it, I found that the on-board toolbox has everything I needed. So, I dismantled the cover pulled out the ignition and waited for Brian to come and put everything back together. So, now everything is back in working order. It's a good thing too since we will be using the ski-doo to get more firewood over spring break.
Speaking of spring break, we are starting on Wednesday afternoon. We have school in the morning, lunch at school and then we are off for 2 weeks. Our break is early and longer this year due to the Canada Games being held in Whitehorse. We have absolutely no intention of going near Whitehorse during the games because it will be so crowded there and absolute chaos. We are going to spend the time relaxing and doing some needed work around the house.
That's about all for now. Have a great day.
3 comments

No comments: