Saturday, February 24, 2007
DOING THINGS ROSS RIVER STYLE
Who ever thought life in Ross River was dull. It seems that we have been pretty busy lately. Anyways, today we went to the funeral of a local man. Brian had been one of the ambulance attendants to go to his house after his wife found him dead. We didn't know him well. He and his wife ran the local bottle depot, so I knew him from there. It was very interesting to say the least. It was held in the gathering room at the school with all the building supplies and computers from student projects pushed to the side. It started about 20 minutes late and only lasted for 10 minutes. Apparently the family wanted the service to be kept short. In that time Tim, the pastor, gave a very short message, read from the Bible, comforted the family and read the eulogy, and a family friend shared a short remembrance of him. There was an open mic for people to say something about him, but no one did. After that I guess a bunch of people were going to the house for a get together. We passed on that since we didn't really know him well. I must say that is the shortest funeral I have ever been too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey! You put a picture of yourself on. I like it! :)
Post a Comment