I think that we have been getting a little disillusional around here. Maybe it's the thought of "spring" break. We actually thought that winter was coming to a relative close - you know, temperatures staying -15 or above for another month or two, then the end of winter. However, we were sadly brought back to reality last night when the temperatures just kept dropping. We woke up this morning to -42. I guess it's time to pull out the parkas again. Maybe Mother Nature just wanted to give everyone coming to the Canada Winter Games a real northern welcome. I don't mind the temperature too much, at least we don't have a wind with that, but I think I am just tired of winter. Tired of having to put on winter boots, parka, hat, mitts and snow pants everytime I go outside. On the bright side - the skidoo is still going strong. Speaking of the skidoo I have another story: (This is more on the story in my last post.) Here's a quick update - A couple weeks ago I found the ring that holds the ignition switch in place on the ground beside the skidoo. I thought it was odd, this being a brand new skidoo. I picked it up, put it in my pocket and forgot about it. When I opened up the casing, I found a wire from the ignition was actually broken right off, and the switch was only held on by one of two wire clips. Anyways, the skidoo is still lacking power, so I mentioned what had happened to one of the teachers thinking he would know what was wrong. As soon as I mentioned the ignition switch, he said someone was trying to hotwire your skidoo. A couple weeks ago there were a couple guys that went on a spree stealing skidoos and vehicles. Needless to say after work I immediately went to the store and purchased a good chain and a lock and the skidoo is now locked onto the front porch post. I figure if it is there Oscar will hear anyone messing around with it and let us know. So, that is what has been happening in my life lately.
1 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment