The saga of the house and property just keeps coming up with new, exciting and unexpected developments. Yesterday I phoned Clifford, the septic tank installer guy. He also happens to own the lot right next to ours. I wanted to talk to him about where and when to install our septic system. We wanted to use "the pit" to install ours and his too. However, as things in Ross River usually go, they turned out very differently than expected.
Clifford: "You could always buy my property too."
Me: "What???"
Clifford: "Sure, I'm offering to sell it to you."
Me: "Uuummmm, let me talk to Brian and we will get back to you."
Needless to say, we met with him tonight and bought his piece for $5000, including a shed. It is a really nice piece with lots of trees. The interesting thing is that the papers have not been signed from the original owner to Clifford, so we have to include Mike in the deal too, but only to sign it over to us. I will send pictures sometime this weekend. Brian says that he feels like the monopoly guy - buying property from all these different people. I should start buying graph paper in bulk since our plans keep changing.

No comments:
Post a Comment