Tuesday, April 11, 2006

THE SAGA OF THE HOUSE



Well, as you may know we have been trying to purchase a certain house for a while now. Here's the story of "the house". About a month ago I phoned the owner in Watson Lake and asked if he was interested in selling his house. He was very interested and said "I'll come to Ross this weekend and we can go over and have a look." We thought 'great, this will be easy.' However, that was not to be. He never came to Ross that weekend. So, I phoned him on the following Monday, but he was out of town on business. I kept phoning each week, but he was still out of town on business. It turns out he was in Vancouver for 3 weeks, then in Whitehorse for a week. Well, after all this time, can you imagine our excitement when a fellow teacher phones us that the owner is in town this past weekend. The teacher had talked to him and the owner was going to get in touch with us before he left town. We thought, 'finally, we can get together and buy this house.' However, again it was not to be. While I was around town doing school business yesterday, I made a couple extra stops to try and find him, only to find out that he had left town already. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Needless to say, we were starting to get frustrated, and a bit panicky. We had found out that there were a couple other people also looking at buying this house. Can you believe it? It has just sat there for about 5 years, and now that we want to buy it, suddenly everyone wants it. We were so frustrated that last night we sat down and started drawing up plans for building our own house from scratch. (It was very nice, I might add!)
Well, today I decided I am going to try his office once more and can you believe I finally made contact with the elusive home owner. I was ecstatic! We were able to settle on a price quickly and we are now the proud, and relieved, owners of a fixer-upper.

Nothing, some new siding and windows can't fix! Next step: hook Oscar up to the house and have him pull it to the new site!

No comments: