Saturday, September 2, 2006

ANOTHER TASK ACCOMPLISHED

Brian and I spent the last couple of days working on building a front and back porch. We were going to build both porches the same, but I woke up in the middle of the night with a brainwave, so we ended up changing the back porch plans so they will look better with the deck we are putting on next year. How come these ideas always come at night???
Here is the platform, just waiting for stairs.

Brian hard at work, cutting out the stair risers.

I had to do all the hard work.LOL. As always the ground isn't exactly level, so the foundation has to be set first. I hate this part of the work - it is too finicky and never looks like much has been accomplished.

Step one has been completed. And it even holds my weight! Whew!!!

Filling in the knot holes with wood filler. The kids get to do the painting tomorrow.

The finished product.

The front porch still needs rails, but they won't be added until we've moved our big pieces of furniture in. I would hate things to get all bashed up before we even move in.

Not bad for a couple of amateurs. Actually we are pretty proud of our accomplishment.

No comments: