Wednesday, August 30, 2006

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END

Well, it's less than a week until school starts again. What that really means is that we have been on holidays for 11 weeks and the last week is now upon us. I always start to feel some mixed emotions at this time of year. Part of me wants to get back to the routine and begin another year. A very large part of me is ready for the paychecks to start again. But I could seriously handle a lifestyle consisting mainly of holidays. I guess when it comes down to it I'm not too far off the holiday lifestyle. We only work from September to June and during that time we get every weekend off and two weeks at Christmas and spring break. We really couldn't ask for better jobs.
Today we are taking a day off from working on the house. Yesterday was a very hard day. As you know we are waiting for the septic tank to be installed. A few weeks ago we talked to Clifford and he said he was just waiting for the permit. He said the guy in Whitehorse was having some problem with the sand they were using and wouldn't just give them the permit. So yesterday we phoned the permit people in Whitehorse and found out that Clifford has not even put in the application yet and all he wanted with the sand was a percolation test. So, he was going to phone Clifford and try to get things moving for us. Meanwhile, Clifford phoned us and is now mad at us because we questioned him about when this septic will get put in. Brian tried telling him that we were happy with the work he has done so far and that we weren't complaining. But I don't think he believed Brian. Let's just say I was ready to give up on the whole thing yesterday. I hate it when people are petty. Anyways, that's my rant for today. As I said, we are taking a much needed day off of working on the house. Instead we are going to the school to get some things prepared for the start of the year.

No comments: