1. The Case of the Evil Hand
I have been having a lot of trouble with my right hand lately. I think it is from all the hammering, etc at the house. Anyways, I think it is carpal tunnel syndrome, but the doctor will not give me a firm diagnosis either way at this point. In the meantime he has given me a splint that I wear at night. This is kind of like a childhood dream come true. I remember playing with my friend, Adrienne, and we would often pretend that we had broken limbs and would wrap them up in cast-like things. I've never had any broken bones, so this is as close as I've come. Anyways, it holds my wrist in the right position so that I don't have the problem of my entire arm going painfully numb at night. It has made a big difference - actually allowing me to get some much needed sleep. The only problem now is stiffness in my wrist in the morning after a night of no movement. Hopefully I won't be needing it for too long. Fortunately for Brian, I haven't yet clobbered him over the head with it.
2. Our New Pet
This little guy has adopted us. Little does he know Brian is currently planning his demise because we need to seal up the bottom of our house and he keeps making tunnels through the dirt.


This is the fattest gopher I have ever seen. He is obviously fattening himself up for winter - he has been getting fatter everyday (kind of like Oscar). He is actually pretty cute, but he can't stay. Sorry.
3. Garbage
We have made innumerable trips to the garbage dump in the past 2 months. Hopefully this will be close to the last. It's a very good thing that we do not have to pay to dump garbage - or we would be seriously broke.

4. Furniture
Here are the long awaited picture. Unfortunately when I took the camera to the house to take these I didn't realize that the kids had been camera happy and the batteries were almost dead. I only managed to get this one picture before they died completely.


No comments:
Post a Comment