I'm so excited. We got a call from the house mover this afternoon that he will be here today and start moving the house tomorrow. This has been an eagerly awaited event. Not that we haven't been busy. Brian and I have been busy since we returned from holidays, working on renovations. Mom and Dad showed up on Tuesday and the men have been busy at the house ever since. Dad is really in his element with everything that needs to be done. I keep hearing the phrase "Now, here's what we are going to do..." Sound familiar? They have been working on the plumbing and some of the questions they ask are quite interesting. For instance (this is my favourite) "Do you really need hot water going to the washing machine?" My first question is "why?" "Well, it would be easier it you didn't need it." My reply: "I need it!" Another thing you hear a lot is "We can just make it fit." I think that is the scariest phrase in the home renovators vocabulary. Actually it is coming along very nicely. On the weekend Brian started working on the bathroom. He repainted where the old stuff was. Then he looked at the ceiling and claimed that he hated it - it had to go. So he pulled it down and said these amazing words: "You're right, we should put cedar in the bathroom!" I have been wanting that since the beginning. Let me tell you I didn't waste any time - I rushed home and ordered the cedar before he could change his mind. I started putting up the cedar today - I have only done the ceiling, but it looks fantastic. Now, I think I will get a nice break while the house is moved. I will keep you updated.
Thursday, August 3, 2006
MOVING HOUSE (literally)
I'm so excited. We got a call from the house mover this afternoon that he will be here today and start moving the house tomorrow. This has been an eagerly awaited event. Not that we haven't been busy. Brian and I have been busy since we returned from holidays, working on renovations. Mom and Dad showed up on Tuesday and the men have been busy at the house ever since. Dad is really in his element with everything that needs to be done. I keep hearing the phrase "Now, here's what we are going to do..." Sound familiar? They have been working on the plumbing and some of the questions they ask are quite interesting. For instance (this is my favourite) "Do you really need hot water going to the washing machine?" My first question is "why?" "Well, it would be easier it you didn't need it." My reply: "I need it!" Another thing you hear a lot is "We can just make it fit." I think that is the scariest phrase in the home renovators vocabulary. Actually it is coming along very nicely. On the weekend Brian started working on the bathroom. He repainted where the old stuff was. Then he looked at the ceiling and claimed that he hated it - it had to go. So he pulled it down and said these amazing words: "You're right, we should put cedar in the bathroom!" I have been wanting that since the beginning. Let me tell you I didn't waste any time - I rushed home and ordered the cedar before he could change his mind. I started putting up the cedar today - I have only done the ceiling, but it looks fantastic. Now, I think I will get a nice break while the house is moved. I will keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment