Sunday, August 6, 2006

HALLELUJAH, OUR HOUSE IS MOVED!!!

Only 8 weeks late, but it is finally on our lot. They should be finished putting the base under it and leveling it all out tomorrow. It seems like another lifetime ago that we made those cribs and beams. We went over to the house at about 7:30 tonight and they had put in one row of cribs - only 2 more left, plus the addition. These are pictures of the house sitting at the edge of the lot waiting to be moved into position. Mom and I took a walk over there this morning just in time to see them move it into place. The red truck there didn't have enough power to get the house up onto the base, so they had to bring another truck and they used another truck to help push the red truck. I wish that I had brought my video camera. Oh well, it is a scene that will live on in my memory for a long time.




Now that it has been moved we are only 1 day away from getting back into the house and continuing our renovations. I don't enjoy enforced idleness. Next thing you know I will be complaining that I am too busy and need a holiday.

No comments: