"You can't always get what you want...", however sometimes you get more than you imagined.
I just finished laying the floor in our house. It was so easy - it just clicked together. Then we had some cheap flooring that we were using for the back porch. This was also supposed to just click together. However the clicking action obviously wasn't nearly as good. Let's just say that after one plank went flying out the door (not of its own volition), and much yelling and hammering, it doesn't look very professional (nothing a rug by the door can't hide). You really do get what you pay for. So, if you are ever planning to do laminate flooring, go for the good stuff, it's definitely worth the extra cost.
Here is another example of getting what you pay for. Brian and I planned to take the kids to Whitehorse this weekend. We had tons of shopping to do for the house and we had to get school supplies. However on Friday all the kids informed us that they didn't want to go. O.K. that works for us. Brian looked at me and said "jacuzzi room???" Of course I didn't wait even a fraction of a second before picking up the phone to change our hotel reservations. We were no longer in need of a room for 5 people and a dog. I was a little skeptical because last time we tried this we ended up with a regular room that boasted only a bath tub with jets. I guess we didn't spend enough $$$. Imagine our pleasant surprise when we entered this room and found a nice large room with a giant 2-person jacuzzi tub. We were exhausted from a long day of driving and shopping so this was more than welcome. And to top it off, and make me feel very luxurious, there were 2 white bathrobes hanging in the closet just waiting for us. I have always wanted to get a room with all these things, it just seemed so classy. It was like a dream come true. I was wishing that I had my camera so I could share it with you. Then I wanted my camera even more to take the obligatory picture of my food - this was one you really had to see to believe. I ordered "planked salmon". I guess I didn't read the menu very well. My food came and I had a baked potato, vegetables and salmon which had been baked on a plank of cedar. It actually came on the cedar plank with a delicious sauce. It was amazing! Too bad I didn't have my camera! Oh well, just another reason to return and repeat the adventure. Now for the rest of the trip... We left here at 6 am, so we were tired already when we reached Whitehorse. But we were very exhausted by 5:00 because just as we pulled in to town our brakes started grinding really bad. We had no warning before hand that this was coming. So we went straight to Canadian Tire and had to leave our truck with them while we walked all over town to shop for furniture. The good news is that they were able to fix our emergency brake on the truck which had been seized up and was on just slightly but wouldn't budge. The other good news is that we found the furniture we wanted (a black leather couch and love seat - pictures in a couple of weeks). We also found the fridge we wanted (all fridge, no freezer section) and a stove that we got a great deal on because it was a discontinued item. So, all in all the trip was a success and we were very glad to arrive home this evening with our truck loaded as usual.

No comments:
Post a Comment