I wish all holiday memories could be happy ones, but unfortunately, not everything that happens is good. Naomi opened her email today and found out that our house has been broken in to. So I got on the phone to the RCMP and Yukon Housing to find out what was going on. I guess a couple kids broke the window in our laundry room and climbed in. They went through all the drawers in our bedroom and one of the kids rooms. They released a fire extinguisher both upstairs and downstairs. And they broke into our shed and stole at least 3 of our bikes. I have no idea if anything was wrecked or stolen other than that. Needless to say, this has put quite a damper on our holiday. But there is absolutely nothing I can do until we get home so there is no reason to worry about it. But it won't stop me from being mad. The cops said they may be able to get information easier if we promise not to press charges, but that was not a promise I was willing to make. They have a very strong suspicion who did it, they just have to prove it. I guess my first priority upon arriving home will be to take pictures for insurance purposes and then start cleaning. (notice the colour of the writing today - red as in anger!)
Sunday, July 2, 2006
MORE MEMORABLE HOLIDAY MOMENTS
I wish all holiday memories could be happy ones, but unfortunately, not everything that happens is good. Naomi opened her email today and found out that our house has been broken in to. So I got on the phone to the RCMP and Yukon Housing to find out what was going on. I guess a couple kids broke the window in our laundry room and climbed in. They went through all the drawers in our bedroom and one of the kids rooms. They released a fire extinguisher both upstairs and downstairs. And they broke into our shed and stole at least 3 of our bikes. I have no idea if anything was wrecked or stolen other than that. Needless to say, this has put quite a damper on our holiday. But there is absolutely nothing I can do until we get home so there is no reason to worry about it. But it won't stop me from being mad. The cops said they may be able to get information easier if we promise not to press charges, but that was not a promise I was willing to make. They have a very strong suspicion who did it, they just have to prove it. I guess my first priority upon arriving home will be to take pictures for insurance purposes and then start cleaning. (notice the colour of the writing today - red as in anger!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment