Tuesday, June 27, 2006

THE INTERNET



I hope you all appreciate the sacrifice I make every year. I leave my comfy home and drive for hours and hours to visit you. The most supreme sacrifice must be the internet. All those who are still on dial-up internet please raise your right hand. Now with your left hand pick up your phone. Now lower your right hand again and dial the number for your local internet provider and request high-speed. You guys are killing me! LOL! I am sure I will survive though. You know how they say "nothing is better than sleeping in your own bed", does the same thing apply to computers? And who are "they"???

Enough of that. We are in Kelowna now. I would be out basking in the sun, but it is way too hot for that. Instead we took the kids shopping today. But it wasn't all fun and games. First of all we had to dodge this incredibly large machinery that has been tearing up the road in front of my parents place. Last night we had to park our truck out at the end of the road so that we could be somewhat mobile today. So, here we are trying to get to the truck. We had to run along the side of the road, jumping over juniper bushes. I was last in line. Everyone in front of my jumped over gracefully, but not me. I jumped over o.k., but the landing wasn't exactly a perfect 10.0. No, I landed flat on the ground. I didn't realize I would be landing in a dip. So, I arrived in Kelowna with a beautifully scraped knee. All 10 year old boys would be proud of the scrape I got. Thankfully, the walk back to the house was uneventful.

No comments: