Friday, July 21, 2006

WORKING ON THE NEW HOUSE

Yesterday we started working on our new house. We are so excited about it. We had panelling throughout the house, but some was older and had been painted so we wanted to change it. Our plan was to put pine in the bedrooms (a real cabin look) and just replace the panelling in the hallway. The rest was going to be left panelled. However, when I went to start putting the panelling in the hall, I discovered that the new stuff didn't match. So, Brian and I had a conference and decided that we would put the pine in the hall also. So, I started putting it up and we both loved it so much we decided to put it in the living room too. So, I took down the pieces I had put up and started again, this time in the living room. This room is now 2/3 done and looks great. (I would put pictures here, but the camera was stolen.) We have put 2 days in now and the place is really starting to come together. Brian has become a demolition expert - he has been busy ripping out the old panelling and linoleum. We have found ourselves caught in the classic renovation puzzle - we keep asking ourselves "what were they thinking????" We've come to the conclusion that the previous renovator was looking for a quick fix. Pulling walls apart always leaves one open to great surprises - lucky for us, there have not been too many bad ones yet. Anyways that's all for now. Hopefully, I will be able to get some pictures out there one of these days.

No comments: