Last night Brian and I were watching the news. I wasn't surprised when the door opened at 10:30 and in came 5 kids looking for a place to sleep. So, we said "NO" and kicked them out. Just kidding. It turns out it had started to rain quite hard by the time they reached the tent - which, by the way, was quite a hike up the mountain. So, they grabbed their sleeping bags and food and hiked back down to a partially finished cabin just on the other side of the river. They hung out there eating chips and having marshmallow fights until they decided they were hungry and came home. They were going to have a campfire and cook hotdogs for their supper, but they didn't have any dry wood. So, we cooked their hot dogs in the oven and cured their hunger. Then they all crashed in the living room - actually this didn't occur until somewhere around 2 am. It's funny to watch them - the 3 girls are all on the futon just curled up. But the 3 boys are taking up way more space - the other futon mattress and the fold-out chair. They are deathly afraid they will touch each other during the night. Oh well, they had an adventure anyways. I'm sure they will try this again sometime soon.
More stuff that I was hoping to put pictures with, but they are not working out, so I will just tell you. All 3 of our kids took home Kaska Language Awards from school and Josh and Naomi received the academic award for their grades. Hannah tied with another student in her grade 8 class, so the teacher didn't give out an award for them. ????? Oh well, I am really proud of all of them. Next year I will have 3 kids in high school - that is a bit scary.

No comments:
Post a Comment