Sonya has been nagging me (nag, nag, nag) to post something new on my blog. LOL. Well, as she knows, as has been witness to, we arrived in Kamloops safe and sound. Our trip down south was very long, but it was adventurous to say the least. We saw a lot of wildlife, besides that inside the truck. After 2800 kilometres we were very happy to get out of the truck and enjoy the Okanagan heat.
One of the best moments was when Brian had a total Mark moment. Actually he has had a few, but this one was great. We went to Tim Hortons in Whitehorse for lunch and I always make everyone order their own food and then I just pay for them. Well, when it came to Brian's turn he had a really hard time hearing the teller. He had to lean right over towards her and cup his ear with his hand so that he could hear her. I started laughing hysterically when we sat down. I'm sure the people at the next table were wondering what was going on. It was so typical of his Dad. I call Brian "Mark" sometimes just to remind him of these moments. What would life be without being able to laugh at someone close to you.
I will post more great holiday moments later when I have more time.
Today we all went to Paul Lake for the day. It was another very hot day here and we really needed to get out of the heat. The kids had a blast playing in the water. They even had their own impromptu biology class. They caught minnows and then cut them up. When they were finished examining them, they feed the pieces to the ducks. They also caught a frog which they named "Warts". They all asked to keep it, but we were really mean and said no. We also found out that there were some starving ant colonies at the beach. It is a good thing that we came when we did. They were able to fill up their empty stomachs with doughnuts, candy and pop. On the way home will all stopped at DQ for blizzards. What a great day.

No comments:
Post a Comment