This trip to Whitehorse was an interesting one for me. I decided to have some work done on my teeth. I'm not sure that is ever a great choice - needles and humiliation. But I figured it is about time for some self improvement. Little did I know that I would turn into some horrific creature for a few hours. However, unlike Sonya, you will not find any pictures of my humiliation. I decided to have crowns put on my four front teeth, something I have been planning for about 6 years. Being the brilliant person that I am, I had a cup of coffee at lunch before I went to the dentist. Needless to say after 1 1/2 hours in the dentist chair, I had a very full bladder. The dentist stopped to take the rubber dam out of my mouth and asked if I needed anything. Of course, I really had to go by this point. So, she warned me "If you happen to look in the mirror, be prepared. We have filed your teeth down quite a bit, so it will look very odd." I think that was the understatement of the year. I had four peg teeth in the front, and with nothing holding my top lip out, it looked like I had no top lip either. I honestly looked like some deranged creature. It was very horrifying. No lie!!! I managed one quick glance in the mirror, but couldn't look again. All I can say is thank God for temporary crowns. They aren't the greatest by any means, but they are an improvement over what I had and definitely better than walking around looking like a misplaced horror movie character. Actually they look like I have those cheap fake fingernails stuck on my teeth. Then the dentist warned me, "Your gums may go a bit black over the next few days from the glue we used and the temps are a little transparent." After my horrifying experience earlier, I was afraid to look. But look I did, but I was still feeling very leary about it - especially the black gums. The gums definitely had black splotches and the temps looked a little scary, but by this morning there wasn't so much black, so I was able to have a better look - besides the fact that the freezing was finally gone. The good news is I will have my permanent crowns on before I see anyone this summer. Aaahhhh, if only it was so easy to get a new body to go with the new teeth!
Saturday, June 3, 2006
CROWNS FIT FOR A QUEEN
This trip to Whitehorse was an interesting one for me. I decided to have some work done on my teeth. I'm not sure that is ever a great choice - needles and humiliation. But I figured it is about time for some self improvement. Little did I know that I would turn into some horrific creature for a few hours. However, unlike Sonya, you will not find any pictures of my humiliation. I decided to have crowns put on my four front teeth, something I have been planning for about 6 years. Being the brilliant person that I am, I had a cup of coffee at lunch before I went to the dentist. Needless to say after 1 1/2 hours in the dentist chair, I had a very full bladder. The dentist stopped to take the rubber dam out of my mouth and asked if I needed anything. Of course, I really had to go by this point. So, she warned me "If you happen to look in the mirror, be prepared. We have filed your teeth down quite a bit, so it will look very odd." I think that was the understatement of the year. I had four peg teeth in the front, and with nothing holding my top lip out, it looked like I had no top lip either. I honestly looked like some deranged creature. It was very horrifying. No lie!!! I managed one quick glance in the mirror, but couldn't look again. All I can say is thank God for temporary crowns. They aren't the greatest by any means, but they are an improvement over what I had and definitely better than walking around looking like a misplaced horror movie character. Actually they look like I have those cheap fake fingernails stuck on my teeth. Then the dentist warned me, "Your gums may go a bit black over the next few days from the glue we used and the temps are a little transparent." After my horrifying experience earlier, I was afraid to look. But look I did, but I was still feeling very leary about it - especially the black gums. The gums definitely had black splotches and the temps looked a little scary, but by this morning there wasn't so much black, so I was able to have a better look - besides the fact that the freezing was finally gone. The good news is I will have my permanent crowns on before I see anyone this summer. Aaahhhh, if only it was so easy to get a new body to go with the new teeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment