Sunday, May 21, 2006

ANOTHER GREAT DAY FOR ME - NOT SO GREAT FOR BRIAN


Well, I woke up this morning and the sun was shining. It was absolutely gorgeous out. So, I took my toast and coffee onto the front porch and had a lovely breakfast. Oscar came to and managed a few crumbs. We just basked in the sun for about an hour. By that time the kids were up, so I left them to their own devices and continued basking in the sunshine. Brian, didn't wake up to such a lovely morning. He is still coughing and has absolutely no energy. Most of you know that he usually goes for walks that last 2-3 hours, now he can't even walk to the school (a 2 minute walk). I am getting a little worried. Looks like he'll be off another week. That means that I will probably be teaching his class for another week. YAY!!! (note the sarcasm) One thing that I have found during the last 2 weeks is that God did not give me chronically ill kids for a reason - I can't handle it. It is time to be better. No one should be sick so long. However, enough ranting for now - on to something else. We got possession of our house this week. So, I grabbed Josh and a couple crowbars this morning and we headed to the house. We donned dust masks and gloves and went to work. We removed the broken windows, there were 3, and pulled out all the carpets in the bedrooms and living room. We were sweating profusely, but it felt good to get in there and actually do some work. As always when you begin a home renovation job you realize there is more to do than you thought. We have to replace some of the base flooring in the living room and one bedroom. I guess when the windows were broken some water got in and was left to just soak into the carpet and flooring. Also, we met with the building inspector and the foundation that the house is currently on, and which we were going to use, is not right. So, we ordered all the wood we need to build the proper foundation. $5000 later I am starting to feel a little stressed. I guess it will all come together and everything will be o.k. Just a moment of buyer's remorse. They say most people have it. I guess that means I am normal. Who would have thought!

No comments: