Saturday, June 13, 2009

A PROUD PARENTING MOMENT

I can't believe how the time has flown by. Yesterday Josh had his grade 10 graduation. Our school only goes up to grade 10, so next year he is off to Whitehorse to finish grades 11 & 12. There was a very nice ceremony for them at school. The Kaska teachers presented them each with a vest they had made and one of the elders gave them each some words of wisdom before sending them off. It was a much more emotional experience than I expected. I even felt a little teary eyed as Josh received his vest.Josh received the academic award for grade 10 also. I was very proud, especially when his report card showed his achievements. A's in all his academic subjects, except English, which was a B.Brian and I are also very proud of Josh for getting accepted into the Experiential Science program in grade 11. It is a highly competitive program to get into. Over 60 students applied for 32 positions. He will be attending in the second semester next year. The program concentrates all their grade 11 and 12 sciences into one semester. They do a lot of practical science, including a month-long trip to Vancouver Island where they can earn their scuba diving ticket. It is an amazing opportunity for him.
We are extremely proud of you Josh. Love you lots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Josh! We're so proud of you! (And Uncle Gary is very jealous of the scuba diving ticket. lol)