Tuesday, February 19, 2008
DOGS ON THE PROWL!
After having been idle for 2 weeks due to plantar fasciitis, I finally got out for a run yesterday. I decided to run outside and discovered that my foot doesn't hurt when I run outside, I guess because I am not pushing myself as hard as I do on the treadmill and I am probably using better technique outside. My regular route has always been down to the river then back past my house and around the block - it's about 4 km total. Yesterday I was just coming back around past our house and 3 dogs tried to attack me. One actually tried to bite me a couple times. I was kicking at them, trying to keep them away. One person just drove right by. I was trying to get either over to the store or home so that I could phone the RCMP. Thankfully right then one of them drove up, so he was able to help me. This is when it really pays to be friends with the police. Then we went to round up the dogs so he can go after the owners. My leg is now a little sore and bruised where the dog nipped me and I am just mad because I was having a really good run and now I'm feeling quite ticked off! I think the dog attack got my heart beating faster than the running did. I should have checked my heart rate monitor. I am not giving up on running outside though, I will just have to take a weapon with me. The police who helped me out has taken care of one of the dogs and is going to be taking care of the other 2 very soon. On the plus side though, I just got my new workout clothes and I looked good while I was running and being attacked. LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And that's why I try to avoid outdoor exercise. It's just too dangerous. ;)
Seriously though, I'm glad that you're ok. I'm wondering how exactly the police 'took care of' the dogs. Is that code for something sinister?
And on a final note, I LOVE your new workout wear. It looks like it would be real comfy for just hanging out. Oh, and working out.
Post a Comment