Sunday, March 2, 2008

ONE OF THOSE YEARS

It seems that after last year and all the effort I put in to get myself into super athlete shape, this will be the year of injuries. I have been plagued by plantar fasciitis, quad pain, knee pain and today sciatica. And do you realize all this has happened within the last 2 months??? Some days I just feel so old. I was having a little pain in my gluteus area the last couple of days, but when I got up this morning it had moved right into the sciatic nerve - causing much pain. So, I spent the morning lying on the floor hoping that everything would simply heal itself. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I have walked around a little, but have generally been taking it really easy. One of the worst things is sitting because it puts pressure right on the nerve, but yet here I sit typing up this blog entry! I will be heading over to the health centre in the morning to get things checked out. I wouldn't mind this idleness if it was due to a real injury, but this kind of thing kills me. I haven't been able to run since last Tuesday and feel like my muscles are turning to mush. On the plus side, Brian has been fantastic - taking care of me and cooking supper tonight. Hmmm, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I had sciatica when I was pregnant with Paige and it was awful. Can you get to a chiropractor or massage therapist? Or can you bribe Brian to give you a massage?? ;)

I've been too sick to work out for quite awhile now too and I feel so gross. Today I was finally able to do just a little bit.