Saturday, February 2, 2008

BRRRR!

As you may know, we have been living in a deep freeze for the last week. With temperatures reaching -60 C and beyond at night. This is what we were facing on our way to work every morning: ice fog.
You can imagine that we have to bundle up well to make the journey to work. Brian took this picture of me ready to head out the door. Even with all that gear there will still parts of my that were cold. Mainly my eyes. I would get to work with frozen eyebrows and lashes.
The good news is that we seem to be coming out of the worst of this spell. This morning it was a mere -45 C! And the sun is now rising at about 9:15 am, so we are able to enjoy more of the sunlight.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine it being that cold. I hope for your sake that it warms up really soon!

Ann said...

It warmed up to -30 today! LOL

marge said...

That looks might cold to me. Next time I complain about our weather I hope somebody hits me on the head. I sure hope your weather starts getting warmer real soon.