Wednesday, October 11, 2006

PARALLEL PARKING


Today was an interesting day for Naomi. After school I took her out and she began learning how to parallel park. As you will know if you drive, it can be difficult. So, since there are not a lot of places (actually none) in Ross where you parallel park, I did what my own Dad did for me. I set up a couple of sawhorses and a board at the side to be the "curb". Of course, I had to show her what to do first, so I completed a perfect parallel park. However, as I was doing this I quickly realized that due to vastness of the truck you couldn't see the sawhorses. So, I grabbed to boards and nailed them to the side, then tied pink tape around the top. Then it was Naomi's turn. I was very glad she only hit the other "cars" (aka sawhorses) twice. She ended up doing 3 great parks, then she had enough. One of her teachers wants to show her and her friend how to drive a standard. She's pretty nervous about it. But I say go for it, it is a valuable skill. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: