Monday, October 9, 2006

MORE BUILDING PROJECTS GETTING COMPLETED...


Some of you may be wondering what has happened to me - I haven't posted much recently. I've just been too busy. We are getting settled into the house, but there are a number of jobs that needed to be completed before winter sets in (which, by the way, is fast approaching here). So, we've been coming home after school every day and working.

Here I am working on the wood cutting assembly (I don't know what else to call it.).


Aaahhhhhh, the finished product - loaded with wood ready to be cut.

Another project we have been working on is the woodshed. We finally finished in on Monday morning. Just imagine it being filled up with wood...if only it magically filled itself. Right now we are storing some extra lumber in it. Plus, we have now cut up about 3 weeks supply of wood. so, it is looking pretty good. We had some beautiful weather to get all this accomplished. The only problem was cold hands - there is so much frost in the mornings that the wood is really cold. Wearing gloves only seems to hinder sometimes, so we just pull our sleeves over our hands when we have to carry wood. Oh well, now we just have to cut up wood and I can wear gloves for that - good thing too, it's getting pretty cold. Today we also tackled the garbage left by the previous owner. We want to park our truck in the back of our house, but all along side of the driveway was junk that he had been collecting since the dinosaurs roamed the earth. So, we dragged it all over to the other pile we had of stuff cleared from the shed. Now he basically has all his treasures (and I use the term very loosely), stored in one spot. If they aren't gone by spring, they will be taken to the dump. Good news though, he was over on Saturday morning and took his freezer - at least I don't have to worry about backing the truck into it anymore since it was also along the driveway path.

Anyways, here is the finished shed (except for the doors - they will come after our next trip to Whitehorse.)

Well on top of all this building I had to think about Thanksgiving dinner. So, Sunday I got up and made 2 batches of bread and 3 apple pies. I would have taken pictures of all, but couldn't leave anything out long for fear of it mysteriously disappearing. Earlier in the week I had made 4 pumpkin pies. Can you believe that in my freezer I now have 5 loaves of bread (I made 8), and 1 apple crumble pie????? Well, we had a delicious turkey dinner and collapsed onto the couch. It's holidays like this that I really miss having family close by. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you and miss you lots.

No comments: