Guess what? Only 12 more weeks of school left. Yayyyy! These last weeks always go so fast. The teachers are trying to pack in a whole bunch of special fun activites that they haven't done the rest of the year. By doing this the kids leave for summer holidays all pumped up about how fun school was. By the end of August all they remember is the last fun filled days of the previous year. It's a sneaky thing these teachers do, but it works. I guess I am part of that just by working at the school, but I won't take full responsibility. Actually right now I am working on education week. We are bringing in people from the community to do presentations for the kids regarding what opportunities there are for them. I want them to see past just Ross River and realize that there are many things they can do. I'm pretty excited about it. One of the other teachers has even got Skills Canada to come and do some stuff with the kids. They are bringing a carpenter that will do some special projects with the kids. Speaking of Skills Canada, they have given our school some money for shop and kitchen supplies. So, the secretary, Judy, and I get to go to Whitehorse to spend $1500 on kitchen supplies. Ah, if only they could be used at my home too. So, that is what I am busy with these days. It's just work, work, work. I have other things on the go too, but they are top secret. Maybe one day you will find out but not yet. For now you will just have to be content with being curious.
Sunday, March 19, 2006
THE SUMMER COUNTDOWN IS ON
Guess what? Only 12 more weeks of school left. Yayyyy! These last weeks always go so fast. The teachers are trying to pack in a whole bunch of special fun activites that they haven't done the rest of the year. By doing this the kids leave for summer holidays all pumped up about how fun school was. By the end of August all they remember is the last fun filled days of the previous year. It's a sneaky thing these teachers do, but it works. I guess I am part of that just by working at the school, but I won't take full responsibility. Actually right now I am working on education week. We are bringing in people from the community to do presentations for the kids regarding what opportunities there are for them. I want them to see past just Ross River and realize that there are many things they can do. I'm pretty excited about it. One of the other teachers has even got Skills Canada to come and do some stuff with the kids. They are bringing a carpenter that will do some special projects with the kids. Speaking of Skills Canada, they have given our school some money for shop and kitchen supplies. So, the secretary, Judy, and I get to go to Whitehorse to spend $1500 on kitchen supplies. Ah, if only they could be used at my home too. So, that is what I am busy with these days. It's just work, work, work. I have other things on the go too, but they are top secret. Maybe one day you will find out but not yet. For now you will just have to be content with being curious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment