This moment also occured last summer - the summer of flat camper tires! We had returned from our vacation and after a couple weeks at home drove down to Liard Hotsprings to meet Eric and Jo who were coming to visit. We had a great time there with them.

Here's the kids hanging out in the cool part of the hotsprings.
Anyways, after a couple days of relaxing it was time to go home. Jo and I were driving the truck and pulling the tent trailer. About 20 minutes out of Liard one of the camper tires blew. Of course, in the truck you can't feel a thing from the camper. However, I looked out the mirror and saw what I thought was dust. But being smart as a whip, it only took me about 10 seconds to realize it wasn't dust, but smoke from the tire. So, here we are with a blown tire in literally the middle of nowhere, with 2 hours to go before we reach the next town, and only a small gas station between. Our spare had gotten a hole on the way down to the hotsprings, so we were stuck. But brilliant minds came up with a plan. Brian and Eric put the spare back on the camper and were going to start driving and hopefully make it to the gas station. Jo and I took their car and headed to Watson Lake where we could, hopefully, buy a new tire and then head back to meet them. On the way, Jo and I stopped at the gas station and asked about tires, we were nice as pie, but to no avail, he didn't have any of the right tires. It was a good thing we stopped there too. As it turns out Brian and Eric also stopped there and the guy there only patched the tire after he found out they were with us. It's a good thing we were such angels. Anyways, after Jo and I got the tire, I left her and the girls in Watson Lake and drove back to meet up with the guys. By the time I met them they were about 45 minutes out of Watson and everything was good. Needless to say, after approx. 10 flat tires in one summer vacation, we sold the trailer.

No comments:
Post a Comment