I seem to have one of these obsessive disorders. For instance, I am very obsessive about the placement of things such as cutlery. It all needs to be lined up properly or it will drive me nuts. I know that considering the state of my house this seems very unlikely, but, alas, it is true. I am also obsessed with spelling. It irks me when I see blatant spelling mistakes. One of my newest obsessions is flossing my teeth. This also seems very unlikely considering the rotten state of my teeth - if only I could have had this obsession when I was 25 years younger. I developed this obsession after Santa put a flossing stick into my stocking at Christmas. You just clip a new floss end on and away you go. Some nights I spend an hour playing with this new toy flossing and reflossing my decaying teeth. My most painful obsession is falling. Just yesterday I was feeling pretty good and realized that I hadn't participated in this passion of mine in at least a couple of months. So, as we were heading outside, I made sure that I fell down the stairs. I didn't just bump along down the stairs, I flew into the air and landed with a thud and a yell on the stairs. It is a good thing they were coated with a thick layer of snow or I could have seriously hurt myself, maybe broken some bones. However, I just have a few very tender spots - behind my shoulder, on my buttock and the back of my leg - each place that hit a stair edge. But now that I've satisfied that compulsion I should be good for a few more months. Maybe I need another obsession that is not quite so painful.
Friday, March 10, 2006
MY OBSESSIONS...
I seem to have one of these obsessive disorders. For instance, I am very obsessive about the placement of things such as cutlery. It all needs to be lined up properly or it will drive me nuts. I know that considering the state of my house this seems very unlikely, but, alas, it is true. I am also obsessed with spelling. It irks me when I see blatant spelling mistakes. One of my newest obsessions is flossing my teeth. This also seems very unlikely considering the rotten state of my teeth - if only I could have had this obsession when I was 25 years younger. I developed this obsession after Santa put a flossing stick into my stocking at Christmas. You just clip a new floss end on and away you go. Some nights I spend an hour playing with this new toy flossing and reflossing my decaying teeth. My most painful obsession is falling. Just yesterday I was feeling pretty good and realized that I hadn't participated in this passion of mine in at least a couple of months. So, as we were heading outside, I made sure that I fell down the stairs. I didn't just bump along down the stairs, I flew into the air and landed with a thud and a yell on the stairs. It is a good thing they were coated with a thick layer of snow or I could have seriously hurt myself, maybe broken some bones. However, I just have a few very tender spots - behind my shoulder, on my buttock and the back of my leg - each place that hit a stair edge. But now that I've satisfied that compulsion I should be good for a few more months. Maybe I need another obsession that is not quite so painful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment